Cities/towns/places of interest
Nature and the countryside
MIDSUMMER NIGHT´S BONFIRES (23rd – 24th June night)
In summer many customs concentrated on protection against evil forces that might have harmed vegetation and livestock. The culmination point of this time was the magic
Midsummer Night (23rd – 24th June night) with its symbol fern flower, which is to blossom during the Midsummer Night.
PRESERVED TRADITIONS IN SLOVAKIA:
– making bonfires above villages
– launching fire wheels
– tossing burning torches
– singing, dancing
– jumping over the bonfire
THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SLOVAK CASTLES
1. KRASNA HORKA CASTLE
– built in 13th century, extensively damaged by fire in March 2012
2. BRATISLAVA CASTLE
– a building with four towers right above the Danube river in the capital city of Slovakia
3. BOJNICE CASTLE
– the earliest mention of the castle dates from the 12th century
4. ORAVA CASTLE
– built on a steep rocky limestone cliff 112 m above the Orava river
5. SPIS CASTLE
-a medieval castle built in 12th century, covering about 41 thousand square metres
Movies such as Dragonheart, The Lion in Winter or The Last Legion were shot right here.
6. ZVOLEN CASTLE
– a Gothic-Renaissance castle, built in 14th century, originally a hunting lodge and a villa of Hungarian kings
GUITAR MUSEUM IN SLOVAKIA
In the small town of Sobrance in Eastern Slovakia, you can visit the unique guitar museum. The museum includes approximately 200 guitars of a total of 1,000 exhibits from 1947 to 1980.
The most valuable pieces:
• the amplified double basses
• Hawaiian guitars
• guitars Grazioso
These types of guitars were used by megastars such as George Harrison, Jimmy Page and Eric Clapton.
Some of the guitars were donated to the museum by famous musicians from the Czech and Slovak music scene. Besides guitars, you can also have a look at old amplifiers and a large amount of visual material as part of the exhibition.
An idea for your lunch today! Try our national food – bryndzové halušky. We hope you’ll enjoy!
Copyright © 2021 | MH Purity lite WordPress Theme by MH Themes